Estimated reading time: 19 minute(s)
Where To Buy Skincare That Won’t Break The Bank?
So we all know how expensive skin care products can be. It can be frustrating especially if you are a student or just generally on that hustle. However, there are definitely effective yet inexpensive skincare products! In my years of being a student, I have found a lot of great resources for amazing skincare products. In this blog post, I will share with you some of my favorite budget-friendly brands for any skincare concern you may have. For all of my international readers, I got you! I have made sure to pick brands that do international shipping so there’s no need to worry about that. You definitely don’t need a big budget to buy quality skincare products. So let’s dive into the world of amazing and affordable skincare! Ready… Go!
I mean.. Where do I even start? The Ordinary has been the first brand I started using when I seriously got into skincare. Their products are amazing. I love how they actually seem to care about their ingredients and want to educate users on them. When you go to their website and click on any product, you see a chart where you can see if it is vegan, cruelty-free, alcohol-free, silicone-free and a bunch of other things.
My personal favorite product would be the Retinol 0.5% in Squalane. It is a lower % and would be nice to start with. Squalane is great for dehydrated skin. I actually bought their 100% Plant-Derived Squalane as well when my skin was terribly hydrated. If you have oily skin, I would be cautious with it. However, for dry skin in my experience, it works amazing. I also love their vitamin C products. They have many different products for different skin types so I recommend reading into it. Try to look for a product that would fit your skin the most.
- Price range: From $4.20 – $18.00
- Shipping: Around $5.00 depending on countries. For USA orders over $30, the shipping is free.
- Direct Link: The Skinstore. This is the most popular website to order from and the easiest from US customers. From the UK or EU and need faster shipping? You can also order from Asos UK here. Both of these websites offer fast shipping.
I bet you know of the makeup brand Revolution, but did you know they have an AMAZING skin care line as well? They have a very wide skincare range at extremely affordable prices. You can find almost anything in their line. On their website, you can filter based on your skin type. I personally like the 12.5% vitamin C serum. It is simple, yet extremely effective. I also think that the percentage is great if you are a beginner with vitamin C.
They also have a really cool product called 1% Bakuchiol serum with an interesting ingredient which is, of course, bakuchiol. Basically it is an alternative for retinol if your skin is too sensitive for it. It is also great if you slowly want to start introducing retinol but fear it is too much for you to start with. There was a study where people used bakuchiol twice a day for about 12 weeks. The results were significant improvement in fine lines, wrinkles, skin elasticity, and skin pigmentation. It also stimulates collagen production which is vital for anti-aging. The best part? It didn’t dry or make their skin get all flaky, which retinol is notorious for. Pretty darn awesome, am I right?
- Price Range: From $10.00 – $20.00. They also support after pay!
- Shipping: £2.99/€3.95/$4.99. Free shipping over $35.00.
- Direct Link: Revolution Skincare
I think this website is great for affordable Korean skincare! You can also find a lot of different kinds of brands. You can even find Korean makeup, clothing style and a lot more! The prices are surprisingly low than other websites. The only downside would be the shipping… It does take quite a while as it ships all the way from across the world. Then again, all Korean skincare takes some time to ship unless you buy from local vendors in your own country. However, local vendors tend to make the prices a lot higher. So I personally think yesstyle.com is a better choice. You can also choose faster shipping at a higher price.
- Price Range: Many serums are around €5.00 – €20.00 and even lower. However, they have a very wide product range so it varies a lot. They often have big discounts(at the moment a lot of products have a 60% discount!)
- Shipping: Sometimes free, but usually around €4.00. Free shipping over €35.00!
- Direct Link: Yesstyle.com
How can I write about skincare products without mentioning Amazon! Amazon definitely has some really amazing skin brands on there. Hear me out, though! I feel like a lot of people underestimate Amazon. If you have Amazon prime then you are making it even better for yourself however if you don’t, the prices are still nice. You can get Differin on there, which for a long time was difficult to buy retail. Differin is great for acne and used to be prescribed-only however nowadays you can buy it yourself. I do recommend to always do your research and follow the guidelines. Also as Differin is a form of retinol so, use your sunscreen! For all of my fellow Europeans: Amazon is great for buying American-only products like CeraVe, Neutrogena, Aveeno and a lot more!
Pssst! Pro tip: If you want to stick to your budget then I recommend filtering based on minimum and maximum price.
- Price range: Varies however for a lot of products around $10.00 – $25.00
- Shipping: Different for each country. It can be as little as $3.00 to $10.00 or more. For the USA, Canada, and the UK, the shipping prices are usually very low.
- Direct Link: Amazon Skincare
This is quite an unknown brand to most. I wanted to put a brand on my list that is less popular. I love supporting smaller and local businesses. Either way, Skin Beauty Solutions is a great brand and they sell all kinds of skincare products. Their products are more on the natural side however, that doesn’t mean they are less effective. I personally find that more natural products can be even more effective and a lot softer on the skin. The interesting thing about this brand is that they also offer supplements for your skin and overall wellness. I have never tried skin supplements however, this is something I am interested in to discover and learn more about.
Also, the great thing about Skin Beauty Solutions is that they give you the option of different product sizes. So you can go with the usual size for serums(1 oz or 30 ml) and you can also choose a much bigger size. This is great for if you know that you absolutely love a product and it is a must-have for you. I often wish more brands did that. The prices for their regular sizes(1 oz/30ml) tend to vary from about $10.00 – $20.00 with some more or less. Their prices go higher when you buy a bigger size, which of course makes sense.
- Price Range: $10.00 – $20.00 for their smallest sizes. However, something to realize is that their smallest size is basically the size most, if not all skincare products are(1 oz/30ml). The serums of The Ordinary are that size. The big sizes of Skin Beauty Solutions are of course more expensive.
- Shipping: $3.00 for the US and Canada. For Europe around $9.00
- Direct link: Skin Beauty Solutions